Friday 12 February 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Spratsie

This week's Misi crafter is Daisy from Spratsie... I think I may have to add a new question soon ~ how do people come up with their shop names?



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?
My husband is the one who started out originally, doing little dragons and some of the earlier work in my shop. I got inspired by watching him work and thought I'd give it a go as well and surprisingly it went really well. From there on it just kept evolving. I've been doing this for about 6 months now. Looking forward to making some bunnies and chicks for Easter,They are going to be so cute. I love how things come alive in my hands!

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?
Not really, although I must say I don't really like working with white, it stains really easily! Before I start I wash my hands really well, wipe the surface I work on and try not to touch anything but the white clay.
The other thing that breaks my heart is when a sculpture falls over or breaks while it's baking...not fun :(

What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?
Buy some good tools and soft clay. I found Sculpey is a good one to use. I use Fimo as well but they are very hard and need a lot of kneading. When I started I bought some books to learn a few techniques, they came in very handy.

How did you find Misi?
By luck! I first opened a shop on Etsy but didn't have much luck and a lot of friends asked me if they could buy straight of me as they didn't want to pay in dollars. I had a browse around thinking there must be something similar here in the UK and up came Misi...hurray!

What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?
I like my valentines sculptures but my favourites at the moment are my "cupcake magnets". I made some for myself and they look so cute on top of our microwave!

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?
Oh there are so many!! I like the chocolate truffle company, the chocolates are so yummy.
Another favourite is The Pink Fairy Cake, her items are gorgeous.
I've also got a lovely print made by Artbymimi, and am planning to buy some more!
I love buying keyrings and charms and recently bought some really nice ones made by Sprinkles Sparkles and Beauchique.




Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite colour? I can't decide between yellow or pink.

What is your favourite TV programme? Lost (can't wait for the new season to start), Grey's anatomy, 24, Friends, Glee, How I met your mother, Flashforward and I am currently re-watching all the Beverly Hills 90210 series (about to start season 8...I love it!). As a teenager I watched Twin Peaks and it freaked me out but I would love to re-watch them all again just to see if it would make any sense this time.

What is your favourite food? Chinese, I could have that every day. I also like exotic fruits such as mango, papaya, pomegranates, lychee's,...

Summer or Winter? Summer, nothing beats a beautiful summers day

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?
Heath Ledger if he were still alive :( , Brad Pitt and Joaquin Phoenix (that reminds me I'd like to watch Quills again, such a good movie)



Thank you Daisy. Daisy's lovely unique figurines can be found in her store on Misi.


Helen
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your interview! And thank you for the mention :) xx

    ReplyDelete