Friday 12 March 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Joyknitt

And today we are meeting Joy from Joyknitt.



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?
I started knitting at age 5, when my mum taught me. that was 56 years ago and I have been knitting on and off ever since. it only occured to me a couple of years ago that I could actually sell my creations and earn some money to buy more yarn.

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

I dont think there are any negatives to the way I do it, these days I knit in the evenings while watching tv so I dont attempt to do anything that requires a great deal of attention. over the years I have done quite a few intricate designs to make clothes for myself or my family, but I dont tackle these to sell, as one tiny mistake could devalue a months worth of work.

What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?

Start simply and work your way up by learning as you go along.

How did you find Misi?

I saw a link to misi on one of my friends facebook pages and followed it. prior to that I had sold a few items on ebay, but not for anything like what they were really worth

What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?
This yellow hat

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

This is a really hard one, as there are so many talented craftspeople out there making really lovely stuff, but I guess my favourite is artbymimi, mimi has such a fantasticly unique style



Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite season? spring, after a long few months of short days and cold weather it is lovely to see everything starting to turn green, to see gardens full of yellow daffodils and things bursting into life

What is your ideal vacation?
walking in the wonderful lake district (without the rain that usually accompanies this exercise)

What is your favourite food? potatoes in any way, shape or form

What is your favourite animal?
I love all animals, but my favourite of the pets I've had has to be barney, the greyhound, a huge great thing but as soft as they come.

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed? robert redford (I think that shows my age!!)




Thank you Joy. Beautiful knitted items found at Joyknitt on Misi.


Helen
xxx

2 comments:

  1. What is the yarn that you used to make the scarf in the first picture? It reminds me of a jumper that my mom made for my sister, which got passed down to me when I was a child. I've never seen anything like it since

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry it took a while to get back to you ven, I have looked through all my yarns and I dont have any of this yarn left with a label on it so I'm afraid I cant help you, I know I bought it in a job lot on ebay, so no way of finding out. perhaps some other knitters might know?

    ReplyDelete