Friday 14 May 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Sunrise Cards

This week's crafter is Tracey from Sunrise Cards on Misi.



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?

I started three years ago , card making was supposed to be a small hobby to keep me amused as my children were getting older and I was feeling slightly redundant, I enjoyed it as soon as I started and my husband decided to make some as well , within a day we were both hooked and soon realised that we were going to end up making more cards than we would ever need. We decided to try and sell some and since then the cards have just taken on a life of their own. Its worked out well as three years down the line obviously the children are even more off hand with lives of their own and this gives my husband and I a common interest.

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

there are two main negative aspects , firstly we don't have as much time as we would like to spend on our cardmaking as we both work as well but we have to work to get over the second negative aspect which is we spend a fortune on supplies !!!

What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?


Firstly be aware that it is very addictive and you will end up spending every last penny on great things to put on your cards. I found in the early days ( and even now to be honest ) that I got so many ideas by looking in magazines , online blogs, forums etc , these places really help when you need a bit of inspiration. Also join crafting forums etc and don't be afraid to ask for help and advice, I have found 'crafters' to be the nicest people I have ever met.

How did you find Misi?


there are often posts on the craft forum where I'm a member about Misi so I decided to see what it was all about.

What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?


Again due to lack of time I haven't listed as much as I would like in my shop but I think my favourite item at the moment is the takeway card
http://www.misi.co.uk/gifts/40807/takeway_card_.html

I think its fun and I love the bright colours

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

it has got to be cocoapod - I am a chocoholic and everything in their shop looks so nice - there's some great novelty items in it.





Random Facts:



What is your favourite time of day?
- My favourite time of day is probably about 8pm as we've usually had dinner and tidied up , the jobs are done and its time to settle down for the evening ( unless we're making cards lol )

What is your ideal vacation?
Our dream is to go back to Austria which is where we went on our honeymoon - we've always said we want to go back for our silver wedding anniversary which is next year so fingers crossed.

Where were you born?
- I was born in Basildon Essex

What is your favourite animal?
- I think it would have to be a penguin !!

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?
- my friends always tease me about this but I quite like Hugh Grant




Thanks for chatting with us Tracey. To see more of Tracey's lovely cards, visit Sunrise Cards on Misi.


Helen

xxx

1 comment: