Friday 25 October 2013

Fabulous Fridays... The Interview ~ PaulinesPassions

Our Feature Crafter of this week is PaulinesPassions. She is a truly inspiring artist; she makes amazingly looking wishing cards for every occasion and holiday!


Let's see what she told us:

1) Tell us a bit about yourself or introduce yourself. Besides crafting what else do you love doing?

My name is Pauline I have been married for 30 years to my husband Jim. I have 2 children Laura (26) and Jamie (23). We all live together in a small town in Fife, Scotland. I gave up ok when I had my daughter and love to spend time looking after everyone . When I get the chance I love to cook and do lots of crafty stuff. I suffer with a bad back and am in constant pain so don’t get out much. Crafting helps me to cope and fills my time.

2. How did you start crafting and how long have you been doing it? 

I started to craft as a child. My granny taught me to knit and I loved making clothes for my dolls. I also loved to sew and paint and colour in. I got into card-making through watching it on the t.v.. I was fascinated and when a craft shop opened in town I was able to buy bits and pieces and I was hooked. I learned how to make decoupage cards for friends and family but soon had loads more than I needed. 

When the shop started selling cards people were making, I decided to try and was thrilled when my cards started to sell. In 2005 I started my Business Designing and selling cards and although I don’t make much money I love it.

3. What are the problems you faced as a crafter until now? Do you have any advice for someone that thinks to start or is new to the crafting business?

The main problem I find is getting noticed letting people know you are there and patience getting sales. Be determined, tell everyone,make some Business cards and put them everywhere. Advertising is expensive.

4. What's your favourite crafting category? Do you have in mind to start crafting something else (besides your usual crafting category)?

I love card-making of every kind. I am trying to do more 3d work and love making Christmas ornaments from beads and sequins.

5. What is your main source of inspiration? How do you propel your creativity?

I get inspiration from everywhere but I love to watch create and craft on tv and watching all the crafters demonstrating how to make things showing all the latest trends.

6. Tell us about your crafting space. Do you have a favourite material and tool?

I have loads of tubs and boxes everywhere full of cards and equipment it has taken over the house and its still growing I can’t help it I need everything lol. My favourite tool depends on what I’m doing I have loads of embossing boards my favourite is my Ultimate which I can use to make cards,envelopes,and boxes. I also have diecutting machines which allows me to cut and emboss embellishments.

7. So your crafting space transmutes to an online shop. How do you promote your e-shop, which social media you use?

Since opening my online shop I use Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to promote my shop.Spending time every day posting pics and links to my shop.

8. How long after listing an item into your e-shop you had your first sale?

When I started on Misi It wasn’t long before I got my first sale I’ll never forget that feeling and even after all this time It means just as much now.

9. Where do you see your business in 10 years from now?

10 years from now I hope to still be selling my cards hopefully have more salkes and a good customer base.

10. How did you find MISI? What else would you like to see being added to the site?

I joined Misi when it first started someone emailed me and I decided to try it I have loved it ever since. I get quite a few sales and love how it works. I would love the forum to be busy, how it was before. It is a great support system. I think it would be great if Misi had an app with everyone having smart phones it would really make a difference.

Pauline tank you very much for your time and the effort you took to answer our questions - we wish you many many more sales :)

Check our Pauline's awesome shop: PaulinesPassions

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview Pauline. Good luck with future sales.

    ReplyDelete