Tuesday 14 January 2014

Communication is the key


I’m sure that you’ve heard it before when applied to relationships, but it is so true.  You need to communicate.  The same can be said of your business venture; you need to communicate with your clients and possible customers.  Today, we are going to take a look into what you need to be communicating with your possible customers; this is before they actually commit to a deal.

1. The product/service.  All to often, during my internet browsings, I come across a website that is selling something, but I can’t, for the life of me, figure out what it is.  Either the vocabulary is so specific to that business niche, or they just don’t say anything about what the product is.  If your selling a book, use that word: “Book”.  Don’t leave your potential customers guessing.  Be blunt and obvious.

2. Pricing.  I have read somewhere that you shouldn’t ever include prices of stuff on your website whenever you can get away with it.  I strongly disagree with this.  A potential customer is going to wander over to your website in order to get more information from you.  They are going to want to know what you offer, the different packages that you offer, and how much they can expect to pay.  They want the information, so make sure it’s easily available for them to see it, or they might just wander away to someone else who does offer them that information.  Again, make it easy for the possible client.

3. Available options.  If there are different options that go along with your product or service, let people know about it.  Don’t keep it a secret that it can be personalized a bit.  This could even be a key selling point!  “Tailored to fit your specific needs/wants”.  Go a little further with that and let them know what those options cover.  If it’s a product, can it come in a different size or color? If it’s a service, can they choose the time or length?

4. This is a big one: Contact information!  Let your customers know how they can contact you with any questions they may have.  Include your contact information EVERYWHERE.  How can you be expected to communicate with your potential customer if they can’t figure out how to get in touch with you in the first place?

5. How to purchase.  Again, during my internet surfings, I’ve come across websites that offer some great product or service that I am really interested in.  They include all of the information, answer all of my questions, and I want to invest in it.  Alright, how do I purchase their product?  After searching high and low and not finding anything, I usually walk away frustrated, feeling like I’m missing out on something grand because I couldn’t figure out how to purchase their product.

There are several different points that I’m sure you can come up with on different tidbits to communicate about your products or services.  The key is to supply all the information to your customers so that nothing is left to assumption or guess work.  You do not want to give them any excuse to leave your website/page, and if they can’t find the information they are looking for, they will do just that.


(FamilyBugs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment